- Polling Location
Dekorra Town Hall
W8225 County Road JV, Poynette, WI 53955
7:00 am – 8:00 pm Election Day hours only.
- Dekorra Voting Wards Map 01.18
Sample Ballots and Election Results
2022 Spring Primary Election – February 15, 2022
- (2022 Spring Primary) Sample Ballot
2022 Spring Election – April 5, 2022
2022 Partisan Primary – August 9, 2022
2022 General Election – November 8, 2022
Registering to Vote in Dekorra
Only qualified electors (US citizens over the age of 18 and has resided in the Town at least 28 days before an election) may vote. Choosing options 1-3 will help you avoid lines on Election Day and save time.
- ONLINE – Visit My Vote Wisconsin to update your registration or for new registrations. Online registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on the 3rd Wednesday before an election.
- BY MAIL – Download the Voter Registration Application form EL-131. Complete the form and mail it into the Town of Dekorra Clerk’s office.. The application must be postmarked no later than the 3rd Wednesday before the election. Include an acceptable forms of Proof of Residence as outlined below. Please note that first-time voters registering by mail may not use a residential lease as proof of residence. The copy of the form of proof of residence must be included when submitting the registration application. If a copy of proof of residence is not included, the elector will be required to supply it before being issued a ballot at the polling place or before being issued an absentee ballot in the Town Clerk’s office.
- IN PERSON – Register at the Dekorra Clerk’s office up to 5:00 p.m. the Friday preceding the election.
- AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY – If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for at least 28 days preceding the election. For purposes of voter registration, acceptable forms of proof of residence must include:
· A current and complete name, including both the given and family name; and
· A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of the municipality.**Forms with an expiration date must be valid on Election Day.
PROOF OF RESIDENCE
The following constitute acceptable Proof-of-Residence if the document contains the information specified above:
· A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
· A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
· Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
· Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
· A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
· A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day (NOT for first-time voters registering by mail).
· A university, college or technical institute fee card (must include photo).
· A university, college or technical institute identification card (must include photo).
· A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.
· Bank statement or Credit card statement.
· A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
For more information please click here.
Candidates for elected positions must file nomination papers. If more than 2 candidates file papers, a primary election is held.
To file nominations papers, complete the following documents and file them with the Town Clerk, local candidate packets are also available from the Town Clerk:
- Campaign Registration Statement
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Nomination Paper for Non-Partisan Office
- Campaign Finance Registration Statement.
For more Candidate information please visit the Wisconsin Elections Commission ballot access page.